3 DAYS PEARL OF EILAT
Travel south through the Negev desert ; Visit Timna and see King Solomon’s pillars; marvel at the huge multi-colored rock formations. Continue to Eilat and stop to visit the underwater observatory , one of the largest seaquariums in the world , built into a coral reef .
Overnight Eilat .
Free day in Eilat or Day in Petra (optional)
After assistance with visa to the Jordanian border, drive straight away to Petra through desert highways, your ultimate destination is the astonishing rose-red city of Petra which was built by the Nabateans (An early Arab tribe). Petra was renowned for its massive architecture, pools, dams and water channels. Petra is the legacy of the Nabateans who settled in the south of Jordan more than 2000 years ago. The visit begins with the possibility of a short horseback-riding for about 700 m. until the entrance of the Siq, which is about 1.2 km long (walking distance). There is a possibility to rent a chariot (extra) to get inside Petra and back to the gate outside. Petra is famous for its huge monuments such as the Treasury, Royal Tombs, the Court, Roman theatre, Roman Street, Qasser El- Bint (Palace of Pharaoh’s daughter) and many other smaller monuments which fascinate the visitors. The city itself is almost 45 square km and is considered to be the second wonder of the world. After the visit, time for lunch in a nice Restaurant. After lunch drive back to border. On the way, a short visit to Aqaba with the possibility to stop and take a walk around. Transfer to the border at around 18:00 p.m and crossing back to Eilat .
Overnight Eilat .
Mitzpe Ramon/Sde Boker/Tel-Aviv
Depart Eilat via Mitzpe Ramon ; stop to gaze into the Ramon crater , a geological wonder ; Proceed to Sde Boker and see Ben Gurion's hut and grave overlooking the magnificent Zin valley .
Stop for a camel riding experience and a visit to an authentic Bedouin tent ; learn about the Bedouin hospitality and enjoy a light lunch.
Continue to Hatzerim and visit Israel's airforce museum to view the planes and equipment and to hear the story of this brave fighting force.
- 2 touring days with a government licensed English speaking guide in an air-conditioned vehicle .
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4 star hotel on bed & breakfast basis.
- Entrance fees as per program detailed above.
- A light lunch in a Bedouin tent.
- High Season supplement : $ 70 per person will apply on :June 12 ; July 1-August 31 ; December 20- January 5, 2017.
- Minimum 2 passengers required
- Tour starts from Jerusalem Sunday and ends in Tel-Aviv Tuesday; For pick up from Tel-Aviv Sunday OR drop off in Jerusalem Tuesday, additional charges will apply for transfers:$ 85 per person in double; $ 170 for single; $ 30 for third.
- The tour will not be operated on the following dates April 24; May 1 ; May 8; June 19; October 2, 9 , 16, 23, 30, 2016
- Guaranteed confirmation upto 2 weeks prior to the tour ; after than upon availability.
- Cancellation fees : 48 hours prior to tour's departure - 25 % 24 hours or less - 50 % .
- Passengers should arrange their own travel, luggage and health insurance.
- Rent-a-Guide will not be responsible for any loss, damage, or injury.
- Luggage : 1 suitcase and 1 hand bag per person .
- Tours are conducted in English only.